Friday, September 12, 2008

BIG MISTAKE (5 of 10) according to Peter Thomson

Thinking we can manage time when all we can really do is manage ourselves

  • We can only manage what we do with the time we have been given
  • The BIG ONE is email distraction. ONLY turn it on at otherwise inactive windows during the day, then turn it back OFF
  • Your “do lists” – it takes strength of character to answer focused questions to enable you to prioritise your ‘do list’ and re-prioritise as necessary
  • Your goals need to be auditable goals. Find them by filling the blank to, “If only I’d ___” – write down what your mind tells you. Try this one: “Yes, I achieved my goal because I _____” – and stretch your mind while doing this, e.g. a a zero or two to your financial goal
  • Adding in just one more hour per days gives you and EXTRA 2 ½ MONTHS per year!!!
  • Ask yourself, “Is what I am doing right now making money?”
  • Follow the 4 D’s: do it, delegate it, dump it or diarize it

No comments: